The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living
The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living (TFL) is a statewide tobacco control program funded by a state excise tax on tobacco passed in 2002. TFL envisions a healthier Louisiana through 100% tobacco-free living.
Our mission is to implement and evaluate comprehensive tobacco control initiatives that prevent and reduce tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke.
Consistent with the best practices in tobacco control recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and corresponding with most Tobacco Control Programs throughout the U.S., the TFL campaign goals include:
- To eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke
- To prevent initiation of tobacco use among youth
- To promote tobacco cessation among youth and adults
- To identify and eliminate tobacco-related disparities
- To facilitate effective coordination of all tobacco control and prevention initiatives throughout the state of Louisiana
The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living follows these Guiding Principles to support its mission and goals: Collaborative Leadership; Community Mobilization; Comprehensive, Coordinated, and Integrated Programming; Evidence-Based, Data-Driven Decision Making; Health Equity and Social Justice; Information and Technology Transfer; Institutional and Organizational Capacity-Building and Enhancement; Population-Level Focus; Public Health Policy and Environmental Change; Strategic Thinking; and Targeted Evaluation.
TFL provides statewide coordination of existing tobacco control initiatives, funding for innovative community programming for tobacco control, a statewide media campaign, administration of a state hospital system cessation program, and monitoring and evaluation of program impacts and outcomes.
All aspects of the statewide implementation and evaluation of the campaign are coordinated by the core staff at the Louisiana Public Health Institute (LPHI), as provided for in a contract with the Louisiana Cancer Research Consortium (LCRC).
- Programs Overview
- Orleans Teen Pregnancy Prevention Project
- Primary Care Capacity Project
- Louisiana Clinical Data Research Network
- Louisiana Community AIDS Partnership
- The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living
- Stay Healthy Louisiana
- Healthy NOLA Neighborhoods
- Workforce Initiative
- School Health Connection
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Maternal and Child Health
- Active Environments Planning
- Rural Health Initiative