MIECHV Data Analyst, Louisiana Office of Public Health
Data Analyst, MIECHV Program, Bureau of Family Health, Office of Public Health
The Louisiana Department of Health’s Bureau of Family Health administers the Louisiana Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (LA MIECHV) program. LA MIECHV is a no cost, voluntary program that provides family support and coaching to improve the health and well-being of pregnant women and parenting families with young children. Families are paired with registered nurses or parent educators who provide personalized education, guidance, and referrals to services to empower families to reach their goals. The MIECHV Data Analyst works closely with teams to manage the collection and analysis of MIECHV data and is supervised by the MIECHV Data and Quality Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, which includes a total of twenty-four semester hours in any one or a combination of the following: public health, epidemiology, social sciences, biological sciences, behavioral sciences, or nursing
- At least one year of professional level experience in epidemiology
Substitutions: A master's degree in one of the fields listed above will substitute for all of the required experience.
Note: Any college hours or degree must be from a school accredited by one of the following regional accrediting bodies: the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; the Higher Learning Commission; the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Training and Experience: Experience with data management and online database and software such as Excel, SPSS and/or SAS. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint is preferred, along with knowledge of data reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain regular and consistent reporting of data.
- Serve as an administrator for MIECHV associated databases.
- Participate in data analysis for annual and quarterly reporting requirements including, MIECHV Performance Measure Report, MIECHV Service Utilization (Form 4), LaPAS and PAT Affiliate Performance Report.
- Create and monitor monthly QA, staffing, and service utilization reports.
- Create and monitor reports to ensure timely and accurate data collection.
- Complete data requests.
- Provide end user support for data collection and data monitoring in MIECHV information systems.
- Support teams in how to collect data for local CQI projects.
- Administer and analyze client satisfaction survey.
- Prepare annual data reports for presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Data and Quality Manager with the development and distribution of technical assistance, training, resources, planning guidelines, and process guidelines.
- Assist with preparation of documentation for all required evaluation materials, including IRB applications, protocols, surveys, databases, and summary reports. May assist with translation of findings as requested.
- Contribute to the development of the MIECHV grant
- Report TANF and LAPAS
- Support program and team level reporting for LA MIECHV
- Participate in cross training opportunities for the Data Action Team and serve as back up epidemiologist for DAT as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Reliable, Self-starter; detail-oriented, proficiency with computers, databases and online systems. Clear written and verbal communication skills; Able to manage high volume of work, Adaptable and flexible; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Ability to accept feedback.
Salary is dependent on education and experience. A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Excellent opportunity for mentorship and professional development and national networking.
Equal Opportunity Employer