Evaluation Coordinator, Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco Free Living (TFL)
Evaluation Coordinator, Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco Free Living
Position SummaryAs a member of the Evaluation Team, the Evaluation Coordinator for TFL will support the design and implementation of the TFL evaluation plan, which focuses on tracking the progress of the TFL program in the following areas: preventing tobacco use among youth, promoting smoke-free policies, combating tobacco-related disparities and promoting cessation services. The Evaluation Coordinator may also serve as the lead evaluator for smaller evaluation projects. The Evaluation Coordinator will also support evaluation capacity building among external community partners.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or public health preferred; Undergraduate degree with three years’ experience in program evaluation and/or research required.
- Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation and research methods.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodology.
- Ability to write evaluation reports for general dissemination.
- Ability to meet program and reporting timelines.
- Experience in evaluation of health and human service delivery systems a plus.
Primary Duties and ResponsibilitiesAssist in the planning and coordination of evaluations
- Assist in the development of evaluation plans.
- Coordinate and conduct (or manage teams) qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analyses.
- Ensure consistent use of evaluation protocols and methodologies
- Meet contract and grant requirements for reporting.
- Assist with the development of evaluation technical assistance products.
- Contribute to the development of dissemination materials, including manuscripts and presentations.
- Develop the evaluation reports or sections for grant applications.
- Present findings to program staff and clients for quality improvement purposes
- Present findings to local, state and national audiences (including NTCOH, APHA, AEA)
- Interpret and present data to LPHI and external partners and clients to inform policy decisions and set program priorities
- Work with program staff to develop dissemination materials, including manuscripts and presentations
- Oversee evaluation design, implementation, and quality of report writing by other evaluation staff (coordinators and managers)
- Guide program staff on using research data for policy and decision making
- Provide evaluation design and data use technical assistance to external clients
- Work collaboratively with external partners
- Contribute to Evaluation and Research Division Team meetings
- Participate in workgroups and strategic planning to further the mission of LPHI
- Work with Evaluation and Research Division staff on evaluation planning and management as requested
- Assist with proposal development and acquisition of funding
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and partners
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence skills, including interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated learning orientation
- Ability to champion and manage change
- Demonstrated ability to deliver with quality and impact
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems thinking and act strategically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Project management skills and the ability to lead/facilitate diverse groups
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think proactively and function independently
- Good organization skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and multiple tasks
- Experience developing surveys and data collection tools
- Experience working with major statistical software packages including STATA and/or SAS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Salary is dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.