Evaluation Specialist, Office of Public Health (Independent Contractor Position)
Evaluation Specialist, Office of Public Health
Short-term Independent Contractor Position
The Evaluation Specialist will work within the Office of Public Health (OPH), Bureau of Family Health (BFH). The Specialist will work with the BFH’s Data to Action Team (DAT) team to implement an evaluation protocol for the Child Death Review as part of the State Performance Measure 2 (SPM 2) workgroup. The Child Death Review reviews all unexpected deaths among children age 14 years and younger, including SUID (sudden unexpected infant death) to better understand the cause and contributing risk factors. The purpose of this evaluation is to provide a foundation to guide investigations into the quality of the data systems necessary to effectively monitor the health of maternal and child populations. Through evaluation of this surveillance system, public health professionals can gain a better understanding of the strengths and limitations of the surveillance system.
This is a short-term, independent contractor position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or related field, or a minimum of 2 years of experience in programmatic improvement and evaluation. Master's degree preferred.
- Intermediate level of competence with SAS, Powerpoint, Excel
- Familiarity with quantitative data analysis is required
- Experience in public health evaluation methods
- Strong aptitude for written and oral communication
- Strong self-direction and organization skills
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and engage stakeholders to develop a comprehensive strategic evaluation plan that identifies
and prioritizes evaluation activities
- Convene the core evaluation team to develop evaluation priorities
- Design, focus and implement the evaluation utilizing the SPM 2 Protocol
- Outline the data system unit structure and resources required for the data system and analyses
- Participate in SPM 2 workgroup meetings and activities
- Share final report findings and recommendations to stakeholders upon completion
- Evaluate the entirety of the evaluation process and protocol followed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Complete a written evaluation report of the Child Death Review Surveillance System including, at mini-mum an Executive Summary, an overview of the surveillance system, its purpose, operations, key evaluation findings (where appropriate visual representation of key results) and recommendations (including resources for improvement as appropriate), as well as a listing of all members of the core and full evaluation teams along with their role in the evaluation process.
Position funded for 200 hours.
Candidate selected shall be paid an hourly rate of $20 per hour for actual hours worked.