The Louisiana Public Health Institute (LPHI), founded in 1997, is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit and public health institute that translates evidence into strategy to optimize health ecosystems. Our work focuses on uncovering complementary connections across sectors to combine the social, economic, and human capital needed to align action for health. We champion health for people, within systems, and throughout communities because we envision a world where everyone has the opportunity to be healthy.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Program and Operations Officer (CPOO) in managing LPHI’s diverse external relationships and complex internal operations. The Executive Assistant helps to ensure smooth communications and follow up with external partners and LPHI staff. S/he manages the CEO and CPOO’s individual calendars, travel, correspondence, and routes or responds to requests as appropriate.
- • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• 5+ years relevant experience preferred
• Experience providing range of complex administrative support services to executive-level staff required
• Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the calendars of the CEO and CPOO. Responds to inquiries. Schedules meetings with internal staff and external partners. Exercises good judgment with respect to priorities and effective us of the executives’ time.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the CEO and CPOO, as well as some visitors. Makes transportation and lodging reservations; prepares itineraries; compiles relevant travel documents; prepares and submits expense reimbursement forms.
- Monitors and screens the CEO’s e-mail messages and as appropriate, flags urgent e-mails, routes messages to other executives for response, or responds directly.
- Assists with preparation, proofreading, and editing of outgoing correspondence.
- Maintains files of relevant organizational and programmatic documents. Updates documents as necessary.
- Promotes continuous improvement by developing efficiencies and implementing enhanced processes.
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion at all times when communicating with or in regard to external partners. Exhibits a courteous, professional demeanor at all times.
- Engages in professional development activities to improve job-related skills and knowledge.
- Willingly accepts and performs additional duties as assigned.
Coordination and Administration
- Coordinates and supports high-level internal and external meetings, including the LPHI Board of Directors and LPHI Leadership Team by scheduling meetings and sending invitations; developing and disseminating meeting agendas and materials in collaboration with the CEO and CPOO; recording meeting minutes and ensuring follow up on action items.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work proactively and function independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Proven ability to anticipate needs and problem solve with minimal direction
- Results-oriented and conscientious attitude and keen to accept additional responsibilities, as required
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and partners
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence skills, including superior interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds; experience working with high level professionals
- Demonstrated learning orientation
- Ability to champion and manage change
- Demonstrated ability to deliver with quality and impact
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s mission to improve population health
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Microsoft Outlook with preferred experience in a project management software
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer