GNOHIE Business Development Intern
GNOHIE Business Development Intern
The Louisiana Public Health Institute (LPHI), founded in 1997, is a statewide community focused 501(c)(3) nonprofit and public health institute committed to ensuring all Louisianans have just and fair opportunities to be healthy and well. Our work focuses on areas that touch public health, including tobacco prevention and control, building healthier communities, assessing needs of communities, supporting the whole health needs of individuals and families from early childhood to older adults, COVID-19, and more. We create authentic partnerships with both communities and partners to align action for health.
We are a highly experienced team of professionals who are dedicated to making a positive, lasting impact on the lives of Louisiana residents. Our partners represent a broad range of stakeholders, including government, academia, healthcare systems, as well as providers, mental health and social services, community-based organizations, policy makers, business leaders, and community advocates. We work together to build community capacity and resilience and to address social, economic, and racial factors that impact health outcomes.
The aim of LPHI’s Greater New Orleans Health Information Exchange is to improve the quality, accountability, efficiency, equitability, and accessibility of health information amongst providers. This work combines expertise in health systems, health informatics, and multidisciplinary expertise from across LPHI’s several program portfolios and shared services to identify funding opportunities, convene partners and resources, and administer high quality programmatic interventions and technical support to providers of primary care.
GNOHIE is seeking a qualified intern to assist with business development opportunities and recruitment of providers. The selected intern will work closely with other LPHI staff, and reach out to external contacts as needed to facilitate recruitment. Duties may include, outreach phone calls and emails, fielding questions about the program, coordination of meetings, and other duties as needed.
This is a paid internship position. The candidate must be available to work between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, up to 20 hours per week.
- Bachelor's degree completed or in process (required)
- Master's degree completed or in progress (preferred)
- Experience with information technology, preferably Health IT
- Experience in sales, preferably B2B and cold outreach
- Experience in coordination, of meetings or events
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing targets and goals for recruitment
- Execution of outreach to target providers and organizations
- Contribute to data collection and tracking of activity
- Assist with data entry and analysis of feedback
- Additional projects to advance operational efficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Must have excellent ‘soft skills’, and be comfortable on a phone and video call
- Ability to function independently and as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to carry out several tasks
- Ability to learn new subject areas quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to deliver with quality and impact
Equal Opportunity Employer