Health Disparities Program Evaluator, Office of Public Health
Health Disparities Program Evaluator
This position is located in the Louisiana Department of Health’s (LDH) Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Healthcare Access (BCDPHA), branded Well-Ahead Louisiana. Well-Ahead is responsible for improving the health of Louisianans by preventing and/or controlling chronic disease and relevant risk factors by promoting policy, systems and environmental changes, as well as healthy behaviors and education, utilizing evidence-based interventions and leveraging resources through collaborative public and private partnerships to maximize health outcomes for our residents. This position is located in the Healthcare Access Division and has the responsibility of ensuring the program meet best practices for health equity and for meeting objectives of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Initiative to Address COVID-19 Health Disparities among Populations at High-Risk and Underserved, Including Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations and Rural Communities grant (CDC COVID-19 Health Disparities Grant).
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences
- 2 years of experience conducting program evaluation of public health programs
- Experience in grant writing
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and execute program evaluation activities in support of the CDC COVID-19 Health Disparities Grant (70%)
- Manage and upgrade current databases in use.
- Conduct routine analysis of program process and outcome data.
- Design evaluation plan and identify key process and performance indicators with guidance from CDC and in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Train staff on evaluation principles and processes.
- Draft written reports and presentations related to evaluation process and findings.
- Perform activities in compliance with Louisiana Department of Health code of conduct and BCDPHA mission and value statements.
- Develop standards of Evaluation practice and data collection protocol along with instruments necessary to gather valid and rigorous data.
- Conduct reviews of program-related documents, data files, published information and official reports.
- Provide evaluation-related technical assistance to grantees individually and in group through site visits, conferences and seminars.
- Participate in grant calls, trainings, and meetings to the extent required by the federal funding associated with this contract.
- Execute evaluation plan as written the most current version submitted to CDC.
- Submit required evaluation documents for grants as outlined in the grant guidance by the due date communicated to BCDPHA by the grant project officers.
- Monitor activity efficiency, efficacy, barriers, and facilitators and report findings and recommendations to the Grant Manager.
- Advise Grant Manager and relevant stakeholders on the interpretation of evaluation results and implications for program planning.
- Disseminate program accomplishments and evaluation findings to stakeholders via reports, presentations, and appropriate data visualizations.
- Evaluate health equity across all programmatic work and ensure best practices are implemented.
- Present evaluation work at a professional conference or submit a manuscript for publication in a relevant academic journal.
Grant Coordination (20%)
- Effectively track and ensure execution of all assigned grant activities in a timely manner.
- Complete all grant reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Participate in all grantee Project Officer calls, webinars, training, and conferences.
Other Responsibilities (10%)
- Demonstrate cultural competence in program planning and implementation to reduce health disparities
- Participate in webinars, phone calls, state & national meetings, participating workgroups as needed
- Travel in state as necessary to fulfill job duties and support program deliverables, including but not limited to healthcare facility site visits, conferences, seminars, meetings, summits, trainings, etc.
- Perform other duties not listed above, but which are necessary for optimum service delivery for the BCDPHA.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate evaluation findings in plain language
- Experience with Tableau, ArcGIS, Power BI, or other data visualization software
- Experience with G Suite programs including Google Sheets and Google Documents
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think proactively and function independently
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and multiple tasks
- Ability to travel in Louisiana
Equal Opportunity Employer