Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Manager
Contingent on Funding
The Louisiana Public Health Institute is a statewide, non-profit organization that has been promoting the health and wellbeing of Louisianans since 1997. LPHI is made up of over 100 employees based throughout the state in all nine Louisiana Department of Health regions. We accomplish our goals alongside our over 500 partner organizations at the local, state, and national levels, which include community-based organizations, foundations, healthcare systems, academic institutions, government agencies, and a cadre of additional stakeholders. Our impact is felt across the state as we leverage our staff expertise and skills in all areas of public health, from advocacy to data and research infrastructure to communications, to ensure that everyone has fair and just opportunities to be healthy and well.
We take responsibility and ownership of our work and our impact on one another, our partners, and our communities.
We model the mantra “Nothing about us without us” in our work that is anchored in communities.
We approach our work with imagination, ingenuity, and calculated risk-taking as a commitment to progressive transformation.
We are deeply committed to centering diversity, inclusion, justice, and fairness in all that we do.
We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and are committed to continual improvement through listening, learning, and leadership.
Partnership & Trust
We build strong, long-lasting, and committed relationships through collaboration and teamwork, the cornerstones of our efforts to advance health and wellness.
The MEL Senior Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Manager is integral to advancing the MEL team mission to lead and partner with communities to ensure that community members are thoughtfully engaged and represented in equity centered evaluation and research. The MEL Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Senior Manager is responsible for working cross-functionally with all service areas of LPHI to monitor prescribed performance deliverables. The MEL Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Manager will work closely with other MEL team members, LPHI program staff, external partners, and community members to support development and tracking of program performance and LPHI’s efforts towards achieving prescribed strategic plan objectives. These activities include but are not limited to the development of evaluation plans, creating data collection tools, and analysis plans. The MEL Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Senior Manager also supports LPHI in the strategic advancement of its four priority areas: Racial Justice and Health Equity; Partnerships and Collaboration; A Healthier Louisiana; A Thriving Organization. The MEL Senior Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Manager reports to the MEL Director.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, or related field required or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ professional experience working in monitoring, evaluation and learning and/or research.
- Experience with program monitoring and quality assurance.
- Working knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative evaluation and research methods.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with LPHI colleagues, partner organizations, stakeholders, and consultants.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to successfully manage teams and projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Quality Assurance and Improvement
- Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor tracking systems for the LPHI dashboard and prescribed LPHI strategic plan objectives.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor tracking systems for LPHI program deliverables across the organization.
- Prepare regular updates and reports on organizational progress toward prescribed goals and programmatic activities.
- Oversee quality improvement efforts of assigned projects.
- Apply strategic thinking and content expertise in health equity, social determinants, and population health to drive LPHI’s assessment and action planning work and development opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with LPHI’s Operations Team to monitor and inform progress toward LPHI’s strategic plan objectives.
Leadership and Management
- Identify potential threats, ensure appropriate escalation and stakeholder communication, and coordinate with relevant teams to mitigate or seek resolution.
- Support grant and program development, including but not limited to application writing as well as grant and programmatic research on evidence-informed and or innovative funding opportunities.
- Proactively support and/or lead overall organizational operations advancement efforts.
- Attend and actively participate in MEL team and LPHI-wide meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate LPHI's Core Competencies
- Proficiency and understanding in the use of data collection and analytics software and tools, such as ArcGIS, Stata, R, Tableau, Dedoose, Red Cap, and beyond.
- Experience with qualitative and/or mixed-methods research.
- Minimum starting salary of $55,000.00 dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer