MIECHV Data and Quality Manager
MIECHV Data and Quality Manager
The Louisiana Department of Health’s Bureau of Family Health administers the Louisiana Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (LA MIECHV) program. LA MIECHV is a no cost, voluntary program that provides family support and coaching to improve the health and well-being of pregnant women and parenting families with young children. Families are paired with registered nurses or parent educators who provide personalized education, guidance, and referrals to services to empower families to reach their goals. Nurses and parent educators work with families in their homes or the family’s preferred location. LA MIECHV implements two evidence-based models, Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) and Parents as Teachers (PAT). The MIECHV Data and Quality Manager manages the collection and analysis of MIECHV data as well as related Quality Improvement activities. The Data and Quality Manager (DQM) oversees MIECHV deliverables to HRSA such as the Continuous Quality Improvement Plan, Performance Measure Plan, and Home Visiting Forms 1,2, & 4 for the Home Visiting Information System (HVIS). The DQM serves as functional supervisor of the Data Analyst. Direct Supervision provided by the Bureau of Family Health Data Action Team Manager.
- Master’s in public health, health administration, or related field required
- Minimum three years of professional level experience required
- Data analytic and Quality Improvement skills required.
Substitutions: Graduate training with less than a PhD will substitute for a maximum of one year of the required experience. A PhD in public health, health administration, or related field will substitute for two years of the required experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the MIECHV Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Plan, including any improvement and innovation collaboratives, through organizing and presenting data, facilitating State CQI meetings and learning sessions, collaborating with the MIECHV Statewide Team on CQI activities, coaching teams in CQI methods and data interpretation, tracking CQI efforts throughout the state, and communicating results to the MIECHV Team Supervisors.
- Provides data and quality improvement expertise to strategic planning for MIECHV, DAT and BFH-wide special projects and initiatives.
- Works with external partners contracted to do data related projects to monitor progress, provide guidance, and ensure partners have access to all necessary data and personnel needed.
- Ensures that all data required by HRSA for MIECHV grants is reported complete and on time.
- Oversees the MIECHV Performance Measure plan by driving improvement or maintenance of all measures, updating plan as needed, and reporting findings to MIECHV teams and stakeholders.
- Continual analysis of MIECHV Performance Measures to identify quality improvement projects or assess progress on program improvement.
- Develops and maintains necessary data sharing MOU’s with other state or local agencies interested in partnering with MIECHV on data projects or matches.
- Leads, monitors, and supports MIECHV Data analyst efforts to analyze NFP and PAT data, reports and translates findings, and ensures access to model data and reporting systems.
- Ensures compliance with all Institutional Review Board and any research requirements.
- Monitors the contract for ETO Database with Social Solutions.
- Participates in regular Data Action Team meetings to ensure that MIECHV data activities are in line with the mission and goals of Bureau of Family Health.
- Ensures MIECHV data and CQI projects and products are aligned with health equity goals within the Health Equity Action Team work plan.
- Attend seminars, workshops, staff meetings, in-service trainings, and other continuing education programs as required and approved in order to maintain professional expertise.
- Represents Louisiana MIECHV data analytics and quality projects at the national, state and local level and serves as liaison with funders, peer state grantees and other professional organizations.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think strategically
- Project Management experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills
- Proficiency in relevant software, including SAS SQL, SAP
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands simultaneously
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Self- starter with ability to envision and create paths forward
- Ability to deliver and accept feedback
Equal Opportunity Employer