Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Senior Manager
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Senior Manager– Contingent on Funding
The Louisiana Public Health Institute is a statewide, non-profit organization that has been promoting the health and wellbeing of Louisianans since 1997. LPHI is made up of over 100 employees based throughout the state in all nine Louisiana Department of Health regions. We accomplish our goals alongside our over 500 partner organizations at the local, state, and national levels, which include community-based organizations, foundations, healthcare systems, academic institutions, government agencies, and a cadre of additional stakeholders. Our impact is felt across the state as we leverage our staff expertise and skills in all areas of public health, from advocacy to data and research infrastructure to communications, to ensure that everyone has fair and just opportunities to be healthy and well.
We take responsibility and ownership of our work and our impact on one another, our partners, and our communities.
We model the mantra “Nothing about us without us” in our work that is anchored in communities.
We approach our work with imagination, ingenuity, and calculated risk-taking as a commitment to progressive transformation.
We are deeply committed to centering diversity, inclusion, justice, and fairness in all that we do.
We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and are committed to continual improvement through listening, learning, and leadership.
Partnership & Trust
We build strong, long-lasting, and committed relationships through collaboration and teamwork, the cornerstones of our efforts to advance health and wellness.
The MEL Senior Manager is integral to advancing the MEL team mission to lead and partner with communities to ensure that community members are thoughtfully engaged and represented in equity centered evaluation and research. The MEL Senior Manager works cross-functionally to support MEL projects from externally funded sources and LPHI lead initiatives. MEL Senior Managers are responsible for designing and leading the efficient and effective execution of project deliverables for a variety of assigned projects, in a culturally responsible and responsive manner. The MEL Senior Manager will provide supervision to MEL Coordinators and Senior Coordinators. MEL Senior Manager will work closely with other MEL team members, LPHI program staff, external partners, and community members to design project evaluation activities and meet assigned project objectives. These activities include but are not limited to the development of evaluation plans, recruitment strategies, creating data collection tools, and analysis plans. MEL Senior Managers also support LPHI in the strategic advancement of its four priority areas: Racial Justice and Health Equity; Partnerships and Collaboration; A Healthier Louisiana; A Thriving Organization. The MEL Senior Manager reports to the MEL Director.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, or related field required or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ professional experience working in monitoring, evaluation and learning and/or research.
- Knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative evaluation and research methods.
- Experience designing and implementing public health programs and initiatives.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with LPHI colleagues, partner organizations, stakeholders, and consultants.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to successfully manage teams and projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Evaluation Design and Execution
- Responsible for leading evaluation efforts for a variety of internally and externally funded projects. This leadership includes designing evaluation plans; overseeing the development of logic models, data collection tools, and data analysis plans; establishing program performance monitoring and fidelity assurance systems; ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality work products; and devising corrective action plans, as necessary.
- Apply strategic thinking and content expertise in health equity, social determinants, and population health to drive LPHI’s assessment and action planning work and development opportunities. Ensure consistent use of prescribed evaluation and research protocols, in alignment with public health best practices and in support of MEL’s mission and vision.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor written scopes of work and work plans for all assigned projects. Track progress, monitor level of effort, and prepare regular written and verbal updates for internal and external stakeholders.
- Apply strategic thinking and content expertise in health equity, social determinants, and population health to drive LPHI’s assessment and action planning work and development opportunities.
- Oversee continuous quality assurance and improvement strategies for assigned projects.
- Engage partners, solicit partner feedback, and facilitate strategic planning and decision-making across partners and internal teams to drive towards excellence in implementation and exploration of new opportunities.
- Assess and strategically respond to internal and external stakeholders’ assessment-related needs and assets to ensure successful implementation of assigned programs.
- Assess trends in public health, health equity, and social determinants to inform decisions regarding assessment scopes of work, partnerships, and development opportunities.
Management and Leadership
- Oversee and manage contracts and subcontracts, project budgets, and project staffing and invoicing.
- Lead, coach, and supervise team members and consultants on assigned projects, using evaluation data for decision-making.
- Support grant and program development, including but not limited to proposal or application writing, as well as grant and programmatic research on evidence-informed and/or innovative funding opportunities.
- Proactively support and/or lead overall organizational operation advancement efforts.
- Attend and actively participate in MEL team and LPHI-wide meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate LPHI's Core Competencies
- Experience with qualitative and/or mixed-methods research.
- Proficiency and understanding in the use of data collection and analytics software and tools, such as ArcGIS, Stata, R, Tableau, Dedoose, Red Cap, and beyond.
- Minimum starting salary of $65,000.00 dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer