Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
Contingent on Funding
The Louisiana Public Health Institute (LPHI), founded in 1997, is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit and public health institute that translates evidence into strategy to optimize health ecosystems. Our work focuses on uncovering complementary connections across sectors to combine the social, economic, and human capital needed to align action for health. We champion health for people, within systems, and throughout communities because we envision a world where everyone has the opportunity to be healthy.
We are a highly experienced team of professionals who are dedicated to making a positive, lasting impact on the lives of Louisiana residents. Our partners represent a broad range of stakeholders including government, academia, healthcare systems and providers, mental health and social services, community-based organizations, policy makers, business leaders and community advocates. We work together to build community capacity and resilience and to address social, economic, and racial factors that impact health outcomes.
As a member of the Evaluation Team, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator will support the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation projects and will serve as the lead evaluator for smaller evaluation projects. The MEL Coordinator will support skills building and professional development within LPHI as well as evaluation capacity building in collaboration with external community partners. The MEL Coordinator will assist other LPHI staff members with grant writing and the pursuit of innovative funding opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or public health. Master’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, informatics preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning and/or research.
- Knowledge of and experience in quantitative and qualitative evaluation and research methodologies.
- Demonstrated skills in or working knowledge of quantitative data analysis software (Stata, SAS, R, etc.) AND/OR demonstrated skills in or working knowledge of qualitative data analysis software (Atlas.ti, NVIVO, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in or working knowledge of data management and visualization using Microsoft Excel or other platforms (Tableau, Power BI, Access, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively and innovatively communicate evaluation and research results to both general and targeted audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with experience working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to think proactively, be a self-starter, and function both independently and as a team.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of monitoring and evaluation projects
- Assist in the development of evaluation plans.
- Coordinate and conduct (or manage) qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Ensure consistent use of evaluation and research protocols and best practices.
Analyze and translate quantitative and qualitative data for internal and external audiences
- Manage and clean large quantitative data sets
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Create data visualizations/translate data into stories as appropriate for diverse audiences
Assist in reporting and product development activities
- Meet contract and grant requirements for reporting.
- Contribute to the development of dissemination materials, including manuscripts and presentations.
- Develop evaluation reports or sections for grant applications.
Serve as Evaluation Team leader
- Contribute to Evaluation and Research Team meetings
- Participate in workgroups and strategic planning to further the mission of LPHI
- Work with LPHI staff on evaluation planning and management as requested
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues as well as external partners
- Assist with proposal development and acquisition of funding
Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience developing quantitative and qualitative data collection tools (surveys, interview guides, etc.)
- Training and experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience producing innovative, dynamic data and information visualization.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and build strong, positive relationships with colleagues and partners, both internal and external to LPHI.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, including interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds
- Strategic, self-motivated thinker who is always willing to learn something new.
- Track record of managing multiple projects at once/maintaining a heavy workload while responding to deadlines in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner
- Willingness to jump into new activities and projects with little notice; a can-do attitude
- Minimum starting salary of $40,000.00 dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer