Operations Project Coordinator
Operations Project Coordinator
We are a highly experienced team of professionals who are dedicated to making a positive, lasting impact on the lives of Louisiana residents. Our partners represent a broad range of stakeholders including government, academia, healthcare systems and providers, mental health and social services, community-based organizations, policy makers, business leaders and community advocates. We work collaborative to build community capacity to address social constructs (i.e., racism, income inequality, built environment, etc.) that impact health outcomes.
The Operations Project Coordinator will play an integral role in providing coordination and support to the Associate Director under Operations, the Chief Programs and Operations Officer and other members of the team in a collaborative, fast-paced, mission focused organization. The Operations Project Coordinator is primarily responsible for the coordination of a wide variety of program support activities related to business operations and development optimization, continuity, strategic planning, and programmatic and service line impact and efficiency. This position will also work across the organization, including C-suite, LPHI operations and programmatic and service line teams to create structures to support operationalizing LPHI’s new, three-year strategic plan. This position will be supervised by the Associate Director under Operations.
A successful candidate will possess exceptional organizational and process management skills; thrive in both team environments and self-directed tasks; exhibit excellent communication and customer service skills; exercise discretion and diplomacy in complex and confidential situations; have the ability to proactively anticipate and manage challenges; and have strong time management skills.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include: organizing and creating project timelines and project plans; drafting, editing, and organizing reporting documents; meeting management; responding to emails and phone calls; taking meeting minutes; crafting communications to assigned leads and staff; operations and programmatic tool development and deployment; document management; researching best practices, and other duties as necessary. The Operations Project Coordinator will also be responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with team members across the organization and may serve on a variety of committees and workgroups in a support capacity.
This position is located in New Orleans. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely therefore ideal candidates should have the ability to telework. However, at a date to be determined in the near future, this position will be required to be based in the New Orleans office with ability for a hybrid telework option.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 2+ years relevant experience required including providing range of complex administrative support services to leadership-level staff.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Proven ability to anticipate needs and problem solve.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to be flexible and multi-task with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (i.e. professional correspondence, proofreading, editing, etc.) skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to high level inquiries from LPHI’s senior leadership team, staff, community partners, stakeholders, and members of the community.
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and ability to handle highly detail-oriented responsibilities.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, act independently and directs one’s own work.
- Guided by exceptional discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Results-oriented, conscientious attitude, and willingness to accept additional responsibilities, as necessary.
- High commitment to professionalism, and equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence skills, including superior interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds; experience working with high-level professionals.
- Demonstrated commitment and work experience related to LPHI’s mission and vision.
- Ability to champion and manage change and promote a culture of excellence.
- Willingly accepts and performs additional duties as assigned. Ability to think proactively and function independently.
- Ability to approach tasks in a solutions-orientated manner.
- Strong organizational skills in the areas of project coordination and monitoring.
- Promotes and protects the LPHI brand identity and profile.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Administration and Communications
- Support the CPOO and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director in the development of monitoring and reporting documents, including reports for LPHI Board of Directors, the Leadership Team, the Senior Leadership Team, and All Staff.
- Assists with preparation, proofreading, and editing of outgoing correspondence to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Schedule and organize meetings (i.e. coordinate meeting times; create meeting agendas; take notes with action items/next steps including responsible party; schedule post-meeting debriefs and follow-up to track organization action items; etc.). As needed, manages the calendar of the Chief Program and Operations Officer.
- Participate in and support Leadership and Senior Leadership meetings for advancing strategic planning priorities.
- Develop an understanding of the programmatic areas and stakeholders to support operational improvements through staff feedback.
- Support development, population, and auditing of document management system, including uploading and organizing historical and developed plan documents.
- Responds to inquiries. Schedules meetings with internal staff and external partners. Exercises good judgment with respect to the organization’s priorities and resources.
- Serve as input and support to Communications team as it relates to operational priorities and announcements.
- Promotes continuous improvement by developing efficiencies and implementing enhanced processes.
Project management and coordination
- Provide coordination of administrative functions for CPOO, overseeing workflow, troubleshooting, and providing assistance where required.
- Support LPHI operations team and strategic plan leads in project-based work.
- Manage overall project plan progress and documentation for Strategic Plan priorities.
- Monitor roles and responsibilities of leads and staff in advancing operational and programmatic efforts.
- Conducts quality checks and internal audits to ensure operational efficiencies and impact for LPHI programs and cross organization initiatives.
- Serve as resource to CPOO and as needed team leads on advancing strategic plan and integration of business processes, may include research best practice, deliverables development and general support to activities.
- Monitors and reports out risks.
- Develop and integrate project tools, including staff training.
- Supports development of infrastructure and monitoring /fidelity of project tools, including staff training. Ex. Use of team charters.
- Offer insights, fresh perspectives, or new ideas; elevate successes and strengths as well as opportunities for improvement.
- Offer ideas on operational efficiency and office administrative best practices.
- Research funding opportunities for advancing the strategic priorities of the organization.
- Maintain funder tracking sheet to provide timely prompts to Business Development team of forecasted opportunities and to monitor funder outreach and engagement activities.
- Streamline business development processes, including training opportunities to staff on GAPP process, tools, and protocols.
- Support development and coordination of business development materials, meetings, and additional duties as assigned.
Governance Support and Event/Special Project Management
- Work with MEL Director and LPHI’s CPOO to manage governance processes for the organization.
- Supports Strategic Plan Leads in developing and dissemination of staff and/or stakeholder assessments, building tools in Red Cap; initiate, launch and analyze results, and report out etc.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the governance processes and protocols.
- Manage and coordinate teleconferences, meetings, trainings, and events as required.
- Provide support and collaboration for special projects as required.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively and build strong, positive relationships with colleagues and partners, both internally and externally.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, including interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds. Experience with developing and creating surveys/polls and using polling software.
- Proficiency in setting up and running video conference software (such as Teams, GoToMeeting, Zoom) for large and small group meetings/events.
- Event planning and experience with developing agendas.
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion at all times when communicating with or in regard to external partners. Exhibits a courteous, professional demeanor at all times.
- Engages in professional development activities to improve job-related skills and knowledge.
- Minimum starting salary of $40,000.00 dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer