The Prevention Coordinator works as an integral member of the Data to Action Team (DAT) and the SPACE team within the Bureau of Family Health (BFH). The role is charged with promoting and advancing the work of the DAT through health education communications and social marketing; data translation, visualization and dissemination; policy and process development and support; and strategic communication planning. This role will support key functions and business of the DAT team, with a specific focus on data communications development, data dissemination, and digital communications.
The Prevention Coordinator will provide communications support in two main functional areas:
- Data Product Development, Data Dissemination and Strategic Communications: This position will allow the DAT to meet all grant data and communications deliverables for federally-funded programmatic areas managed in DAT. Grant recipients are charged with the timely dissemination of surveillance findings to prevention partners, stakeholders, community organizations, and others who play a role in promoting health and well-being of Louisiana communities.
- Digital Communications: This role will provide operational and strategic support for DAT social media and digital
Duties and Responsibilities: Position-Specific
- Develop and implement a communication plan for the dissemination of data findings. Communication strategies and products should accommodate short turnaround times when new data becomes
- Provide communications expertise with the development and production of data reports. Develop and produce fact sheets, talking points, policy briefs, and other products as needed data findings and
- Assist in dissemination of data findings through strategic communications channels, ,
- Maintain an online data center for DAT on the Partners for Family Health, and develop and maintain any DAT program-related digital dashboards as
- Update DAT web page content, dashboards and post DAT content on BFH’s social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- Work directly with DAT staff to ensure their program information is reviewed regularly for
- Develop mechanisms and track analytics for DAT social media content and data product dissemination tied to program evaluation.
- Produce DAT content for BFH e-newsletters.
Duties and Responsibilities: General
- Assist with developing and implementing continuous quality improvement activities, including monitoring and evaluation systems, to capture quality and effectiveness of DAT communications and data dissemination efforts and
- Provide administrative and logistical support for communication activities of DAT including team and external partner meetings, general staff meetings, and other
- Attend meetings, conference calls, etc. related to the DAT efforts. Record and distribute meeting notes as assigned.
- Participate in other agency or partner meetings as
- Contribute stories and information to LDH & OPH
- Supervise interns, as
- Attend and actively participate in training and workforce development
- Other duties as
- A baccalaureate degree plus two years of professional level experience in public health, communications, marketing, graphic design, public relations, or related
- Excellent written communication skills, specifically the ability to translate complex concepts and data into plain language
- Strong data visualization skills
- Experience with website Content Management System(s), preferably WordPress, and analytics tracking software (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Experience with maintaining, monitoring, and evaluating organizational social media pages and platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Creative; has an “artistic eye”
- Highly competent with using PCs, including use of the Microsoft operating system, Microsoft Office products, various internet browsers, Adobe Software,
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and a good team player
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Master’s degree in public health, communications, marketing, graphic design, public relations, or related field
- Ability to develop and maintain digital dashboards
- Experience with Tableau software
- Understanding of health equity principles, and experience designing communication products and strategies using an equity-focused approach
Equal Opportunity Employer