Program Coordinator, Community Health
Program Coordinator, Community Health
Position located in Shreveport, LA
As a vital member of the Community Health team, the Coordinator will primarily support initiatives that focus on improving adolescent reproductive health by increasing the capacity of organizations to provide comprehensive sex education; increase adolescent access to and utilization of reproductive health services; and develop/advocate for effective policies to increase access to reproductive health services for adolescents. The Coordinator will engage in general program coordination activities as well as support evaluation mechanisms for components of initiatives. As a staff member at LPHI, the Coordinator will report to the Manager in Community Health and be based in Shreveport, La.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health, or related field with three years’ experience in program coordination and health policy required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Track record of consensus building and managing relationships with a range of stakeholders across sectors.
- Demonstrated success in supporting and advocating with key stakeholders on community initiatives.
- Direct experience working on initiatives to advance state, local or national policies.
- Direct experience working in sexual and reproductive health landscape in southern states.
- Experience working with Louisiana school systems and community partners including community-based organizations and youth-serving clinics.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of community health activities with a concentration in reproductive and sexual health;
- Support capacity building of schools, community-based organizations, health care organizations, and other entities to integrate quality adolescent reproductive health education and/or services into their existing services;
- Collect data and assist in report development on community health initiatives with a concentration on adolescent reproductive health;
- Assist in the planning and coordination of core program activities;
- Perform operational and administrative functions including hosting and facilitating meetings, developing agendas and timelines, taking meeting notes, and assisting with post-meeting follow up;
- Support the development of meeting tools, guidelines, leadership communications, and agendas to support implementation of projects;
- Assist with the preparation and execution of webinars, conference calls, coalition meetings, in-person learning sessions, conferences, outreach events, and other related activities;
- Support development of reports for funders and other program materials.
- Support Community Health program in planning, implementation, and evaluation of trainings, events and summits;
- Support the development of Community Health communications, including writing content for newsletters, website and social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and partners
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence skills, including interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated learning orientation
- Ability to champion and manage change
- Demonstrated ability to deliver with quality and impact
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems thinking and act strategically
- Knowledge of community health strategies.
- Ability to write programmatic and evaluation reports.
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
- Experience managing and analyzing data using Microsoft Excel, including the creation of data visualizations.
- Experience conducting focus groups and qualitative interviews.
- Experience in advocacy and community organizing.
- Experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and ability to translate information to diverse audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with experience working on a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think proactively and function independently.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and multiple tasks.
- Salary is dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer