Program Coordinator, Behavioral Health and Wellness
Program Coordinator, Behavioral Health and Wellness
This position contingent upon funding
The Louisiana Public Health Institute (LPHI), founded in 1997, is a statewide community focused 501(c)(3) nonprofit and public health institute committed to ensuring all Louisianans have fair and just opportunities to be healthy and well. Our work applies a wholistic approach to the promotion of public health and includes areas of focus like tobacco prevention and control, building healthier communities, community needs assessment, behavioral health, disaster response and more. To support this work, we build and nurture authentic partnerships with both community members and partners to align action for health.
We are a highly experienced team of professionals who are dedicated to making a positive, lasting impact on the lives of Louisiana residents. Our partners represent a broad range of stakeholders including government, academia, healthcare systems and providers, mental health and social services, community-based organizations, policy makers, business leaders and community advocates. We work collaborative to build community capacity to address social constructs (i.e., racism, income inequality, built environment, etc.) that impact health outcomes.
We take responsibility and ownership of our work and our impact on one another, our partners, and our communities.
We model the mantra “Nothing about us without us” in our work that is anchored in communities.
We approach our work with imagination, ingenuity, and calculated risk-taking as a commitment to progressive transformation.
We are deeply committed to centering diversity, inclusion, justice, and fairness in all that we do.
We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and are committed to continual improvement through listening, learning, and leadership.
Partnership & Trust
We build strong, long-lasting, and committed relationships through collaboration and teamwork, the cornerstones of our efforts to advance health and wellness.
The Behavioral Health and Wellness (BHW) Program Coordinator plays an integral role in providing comprehensive organizational and administrative support to the Behavioral Health and Wellness Team in a collaborative, fast-paced, mission focused organization. The BHW Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating, overseeing, and performing a wide variety of administrative and program support activities to advance the priorities within the BHW projects and team.
A successful candidate will thrive in a team environment, can proactively anticipate and manage challenges, be a self-starter with strong abilities to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize appropriately. Day-to-day responsibilities may include managing schedules and meetings, taking meeting minutes, identifying and prioritizing items for attention, documentation management, and program activity coordination. The BHW Program Coordinator will be responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with team members across the organization and may serve on a variety of committees and workgroups in a leadership and/or support capacity.
The BHW Program Coordinator reports directly to the Behavioral Health and Wellness Program Manager.
LPHI is headquartered in New Orleans, with employees based throughout the state. This position can be either New Orleans-based (office/remote hybrid) or fully remote from anywhere in Louisiana.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant professional experience in customer service, administrative support, and/or project coordination; experience in mental health and substance use services or public health settings preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support for meetings, including scheduling, minutes, and follow up. Responds to inquiries. Schedules meetings with internal staff and external partners. Exercises good judgment with respect to priorities and effective us of the team’s time.
- Ensures preparedness and follow-through for meetings e.g., obtain and/or develop meeting purpose, objectives, and agendas, list meeting attendees and roles, schedule prep meetings as need, take notes with action items/next steps including responsible party, and schedule post-meeting debriefs and follow-up to track organization action items, as requested.
- Assists manager with timely processing of invoices and other reimbursements.
- Develops a deep understanding of the programmatic areas and stakeholders to support administrative improvements.
- Assists with preparation, proofreading, and editing of outgoing correspondence.
- Maintains files of relevant organizational and programmatic documents. Updates documents, as necessary.
- Promotes continuous improvement by developing efficiencies and implementing enhanced processes.
- Engages in professional development activities to improve job-related skills and knowledge.
- Willingly accepts and performs additional duties as assigned.
- Manage and coordinate teleconferences, meetings, trainings, and events as required.
- Lead coordination activities and support for BHW projects, including
- Updating project plans, stakeholder matrix, and other project tools.
- Communications materials, including SharePoint/website updates, promotional products, and more.
- Assists program manager and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team in evaluation strategies, data collection, analysis, presentation and more. This may also include supporting evaluation capacity among internal staff and sub-contractors/grantees
- Assists with evaluation technical assistance sub-contractors/grantees
- Coordinating data submissions and other information submitted by BHW program sub-contractors, grantees, etc. including but not limited to:
- Tracking data and information submissions.
- Routinely conducting quality checks for completeness and accuracy.
- Providing on-going feedback and updates to BHW project team.
- Generating and tracking all email communication to sub-contractors, grantees, etc.
- Updating grant and sub-contractor contact information.
- Support documentation management efforts by creating document library and file layout. Ensure version control of project and team documents.
- Anticipate project support needs, potential roadblocks, and collaborate with team members to complete tasks
- Proactively communication and liaise with subject matter experts, funders, consultants, project participants and staff in other LPHI departments
- Develop content about BHW initiatives for LPHI partners and network such as writing announcements or descriptions for the LPHI newsletter or briefly synthesizing research about a specific topic
- Support proposal and business development efforts as needed
- Participate in department, project, trainings and all staff meetings
Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and partners
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and empathy including interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to manage challenges successfully, adapt to change, and generate solutions and new approaches; ability to promote a culture of excellence
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality and impactful work and understanding of its impact on other staff, partners, and communities
- Commitment to centering diversity, equity, and inclusion in executing primary responsibilities
- Demonstrated commitment and work experience related to LPHI’s mission and vision
- Ability to assess the environment while strategically seeking and generating new opportunities to advance the organization’s mission
- Ability to expand partnerships and proactively create sustainable business
- Demonstrated learning orientation with ability to receive feedback and coaching; commitment to learning, improvement, and innovation
- Ability to guide team members, work approaches, and responsibilities in an equitable manner while monitoring and ensuring accountability
- Demonstrated experience driving individual success and team performance by providing ongoing, consistent feedback and coaching; ability to inspire and develop others to achieve excellent results and continually grow
- Ability to promote openness and adhere to an ethical foundation
- Proficiency in virtual meeting/collaboration, project management, and survey software (e.g., Teams, GoToMeeting, Zoom, SurveyMonkey, Redcap, Google Forms, etc.), including experience with developing and creating surveys/polls and using polling software and event planning and experience with developing run of shows or annotated agendas
- Experience creating and uploading content on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Familiarity and skills with basic data analytics
- Budget management and tracking, preferred
- Proven ability to anticipate needs and problem solve with minimal direction
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to be flexible and multi-task with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, act independently and directs one’s own work
- Guided by exceptional discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Results-oriented and conscientious attitude and keen to accept or assume additional responsibilities, as required
- Demonstrated experience in being responsiveness and follow-through
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work remotely, as needed
- Minimum starting salary of $42,000.00 dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer