Program Coordinator, Family Health
Program Coordinator, Family Health
LPHI, founded in 1997, is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit and public health institute that translates evidence into strategy to optimize health ecosystems. Our work focuses on uncovering complementary connections across sectors to combine the social, economic, and human capital needed to align action for health. We champion health for people, within systems, and throughout communities because we envision a world where everyone has the opportunity to be healthy. For more information, visit www.lphi.org.
The Louisiana Public Health Institute’s (LPHI) Family Health Portfolio works to increase access to comprehensive sex education and adolescent reproductive health services through technical assistance and system level interventions. We develop programs to build healthy schools and improve access to services, including the expansion of school-based health centers in Orleans. The Portfolio improves adolescent reproductive health by increasing the capacity of schools and youth-serving community-based organizations to provide comprehensive sex education; build community health clinic capacity and increase adolescent access to and utilization of reproductive health services; and develop/advocate for effective policies to increase access to reproductive health services for adolescents. This position will provide direct support to the Family Health Portfolio and report to the Family Health Portfolio Director.
The mission of the Family Health Portfolio at LPHI is to improve the health and wellbeing of young people and their families across Louisiana. Our programming focuses on adolescent sexual and reproductive health and trauma-informed approaches, as well as supporting the implementation and evaluation of school health programs. As a vital member of our team, the Coordinator will support our adolescent and sexual health programs and the Louisiana Adolescent Reproductive Health Coalition. The Coordinator will engage in general program coordination activities as well as support evaluation mechanisms for components of several Family Health programs. The Coordinator will also support programmatic and evaluation capacity building among community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health, or related field with three years’ experience in program coordination and evaluation and/or research required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with Louisiana school systems and community partners including community-based organizations and youth-serving clinics
- Interest in coalition building
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience translating information to diverse audiences
- Ability to travel statewide up to 50% of the time
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and coordination of core programming activities.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities and perform the operational and administrative function including setting up meetings, developing agendas and timelines, taking meeting notes, assisting with post-meeting follow up, and processing invoices
- Support the development of meeting tools, guidelines, leadership communications, and agendas to support implementation of projects
- Assist with the preparation and execution of webinars, conference calls, coalition meetings, in-person learning sessions, conferences, outreach events, and other related activities
- Support development of reports for funders and partners and other program materials
- Additional duties as assigned
- Coordinate Louisiana Adolescent Reproductive Health Coalition
- Assist in the development and implementation of program activities focused on comprehensive sex education programming, askable adults trainings, and more
- Support capacity building of schools, community-based organizations, health care organizations, and other entities to integrate quality adolescent reproductive health education and/or services into their existing services;
- Support the Family Health Portfolio in planning, implementation, and evaluation of trainings, events and summits;
- Collect data and assist in report development on adolescent reproductive health work occurring within the Family Health Portfolio;
- Support the development of Family Health communications, including writing content for newsletters, website and social media;
Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health landscape in Louisiana
- Knowledge of best practices for sex education implementation
- Ability to write programmatic and evaluation reports for general dissemination
- Ability to meet program and reporting timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well on a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think proactively and function independently
- Good organization skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and multiple tasks
- Training on the use of major statistical software packages such as SPSS or SAS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to build and foster effective and trusting partnerships with colleagues and partners
- Strong emotional intelligence skills, including interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated learning orientation
- Ability to champion and manage change
- Demonstrated ability to deliver with excellent quality and impact
- Ability to apply systems thinking and act strategically
Salary dependent on education and experience. A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer