Regional Manager, Region 2 (Baton Rouge Region), The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living
TFL Regional Manager, Region 2 (Baton Rouge Region) The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living
The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco Free Living (TFL) Regional Managers are responsible for the development, management, coordination, and implementation of TFL programs and initiatives in their region, including local policy campaigns. TFL Regional Managers communicate local developments and regional programs to the TFL Associate Director, fellow regional staff, and supporting LPHI staff through regularly scheduled meetings and reports. The Region 2 TFL Regional Manager is based out of Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health located in Baton Rouge. This position reports to the TFL Associate Director.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Public Policy or related field required or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Five years of relevant professional experience required
- Demonstrated effective professional relationships with principles from among offices of Department of Health(DOH), other state offices that impact health, statewide organizations and local contacts in Region 2 required
- Experience working on health related community change, outreach, mobilization, and/or capacity building programs, including tobacco prevention and control
- Extensive knowledge of public health issues in Louisiana and experience working on local Louisiana health programs preferred
- Residence in one of the DOH Region 2 parishes required (Ascension, Iberville, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Point Coupee, West Baton Rouge, West Feliciana, St, James, and Assumption)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain a regional office to serve as a site for planning and development of TFL and programs and initiatives.
- Compile program reports for TFL’s Associate Director and other staff as requested.
- Serve as public relations and/or media point-of-contact for region working in close partnership with the LPHI Communications staff and strategic partners.
- Participate and provide technical assistance to regional Healthy Communities Coalition (HCC) with specific attention to tobacco related goals.
- Develop regional partnerships with related public health organizations, community interest groups, business organizations, and local municipalities on public health programming opportunities.
- Provide tobacco control education and outreach to support TFL policy priorities and initiatives.
- Work with TFL staff to keep detailed records of community mobilization and relationship building efforts in the region.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and partners
- Ability to think proactively, function independently and contribute effectively to team success
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds
- Practices a learning orientation
- Champions and manages change
- Assures quality and impact
- Ability to maintain a highly detail-oriented approach while maintaining an appreciation of the long-term goals and objectives of the program
- Applies systems thinking and acts strategically
- Ability to approach tasks in a solutions-orientated manner and with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to interact with media (television, radio, & print)
- Strong skills in written and oral communications to represent the program to community members, statewide smoking prevention initiatives, state and local government representatives
- Experience in formal report writing an asset
- Knowledge of the different regional areas of Louisiana, with significant knowledge and networks in Region 2.
- Ability to oversee many tasks at once
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed
- Ability to travel statewide several times a year
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications, including:
- Adobe Connect Pro Meetings
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Publisher
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer