Social Media & Content Coordinator
Social Media and Content Coordinator
The Louisiana Public Health Institute is a statewide, non-profit organization that has been promoting the health and wellbeing of Louisianans since 1997. LPHI is made up of over 100 employees based throughout the state in all nine Louisiana Department of Health regions. We accomplish our goals alongside our over 500 partner organizations at the local, state, and national levels, which include community-based organizations, foundations, healthcare systems, academic institutions, government agencies, and a cadre of additional stakeholders. Our impact is felt across the state as we leverage our staff expertise and skills in all areas of public health, from advocacy to data and research infrastructure to communications, to ensure that everyone has fair and just opportunities to be healthy and well.
The Social Media & Content Coordinator is responsible for crafting stories and developing content in words and visuals to promote LPHI’s impact and illustrate how we deliver on our mission to ensure that everyone has fair and just opportunities to be healthy and well.
The Social Media & Content Coordinator will report to the Communications Manager and will work cross-collaboratively with team members across LPHI.
This position is located in New Orleans. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position may commence remotely therefore ideal candidates should have the ability to telework. However, beginning October 2021, this position will be based in the New Orleans office.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, journalism, or related field
- 2-3 years of experience coordinating multiple social media accounts and developing original marketing content
- Experience with social media analytics reporting, comment moderation, paid and organic posting strategies, and utilizing scheduling platforms
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, with the ability to write concisely in a variety of voices across platforms in both long-form and short-form styles
- Experience with visual storytelling through video and photo editing tools
- High levels of creativity, organization, follow-through, and collaboration
- Proficiency on PC platform, including Microsoft Suite
- Strong commitment to LPHI’s mission and values
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate an integrated social media strategy for multiple brands across multiple social media channels to ensure overall communications goals are being reached.
- Research, write, and produce compelling marketing content for a variety of content types including impact stories, partner profiles, newsletters, social media posts, fact sheets, infographics, and video scripts for both internal and external communications while maintaining brand or sub-brand guidelines. Examples of content topics include but are not limited to emerging or existing public health issues (COVID-19, maternal mortality and morbidity, etc.), tobacco control and prevention, reproductive health, racial equity and social justice, etc.
- Create and maintain a content calendar for all social channels with key focuses on education, brand marketing, and impact stories. Prioritizing content that creates connection and conversation.
- Review digital marketing analytics to create reports that inform digital marketing strategy, track return on investment, and bring new ideas and trends to the Communications team.
- Manage reporting on social media performance and actionable insights on trends, algorithms, and changes of the social landscape.
- Track social media trends, best practices, platform changes and developments, hashtags, and functionalities
- Secure content review and approval with internal and external project leaders.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong creative content idea generation and execution skills with an emphasis on engagement and innovation
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills and ability to use logic to formulate solutions to problems.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with cross-functional department and external partners.
- Ability to translate technical jargon and concepts into copy that is interesting and accessible to all target audiences
- Working knowledge of virtual meeting platforms, including Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Minimum starting salary of $40,000.00 dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer