Well-Ahead Evaluation Coordinator, Office of Public Health, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
Well-Ahead Evaluation Coordinator, Office of Public Health, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Healthcare Access
The Well-Ahead Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for executing evaluation components of federal grants for the Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Healthcare Access.
This position will be assigned to the Office of Public Health, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Healthcare Access and report to the Well-Ahead Louisiana Surveillance and Evaluation Manager . The position is full-time and will be located at the Office of Public Health in New Orleans.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences
- 1+ years professional experience
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel within Louisiana
- Experience conducting program evaluation of federal grants
- Experience in grant writing
- Experience in reporting and dissemination of evaluation findings
- Training on the use of SAS statistical software
- Training on the use of qualitative methods software such as NVivo
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Evaluation Support for various CDC chronic disease prevention and health promotion grants and the WellSpot Designation program.
- Participate in grant calls, trainings, and meetings to the extent required by the federal funding associated with this contract.
- Generate process, outcome, sustainability, and/or impact evaluation plans for each grant program.
- Execute evaluation plans as written in the most current version submitted to the CDC.
- Submit required evaluation deliverables such as evaluation plans, evaluation reports, annual performance reports for grants as outlined in the grant guidance by the due date communicated to BCDPHP by the grant project officers.
- Review, analyze, and interpret evaluation data and disseminate findings through publication in journals or other media and presentation of abstracts in national public health conference meetings.
- Provide Evaluation Support for Grant Applications
- Participate in grant planning meetings and calls as needed for upcoming grant opportunities.
- Develop evaluation plans to accompany grant applications that meet the requirements outlined in the Notice of Funding Opportunity.
- Assess target populations and health disparities as required by the Notice of Funding Opportunity.
Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate evaluation findings in plain language
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think proactively and function independently
- Good organization skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and multiple tasks
- Salary is dependent on education and experience.
- A competitive benefits package is offered to all LPHI full-time staff.
Please no calls or emails regarding the details of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer