The Bureau of Regional and Clinical Operations (BRCO) is recruiting a full-time Data Analyst to develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality; identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets; gather and analyze healthcare data from multiple sources (e.g. insurance processing, clinical operations, patient surveys) to extract trends and enable informed operational decisions.
The Data Analyst will collaborate with other Bureaus and Programs across OPH to design, monitor, and continually improve processes that support BRCO priorities and field services offered throughout the regions and in the Parish Health Unit (PHU) network statewide. This is a Full time position with telework options with the potential for occasional in-person meetings in Baton Rouge, New Orleans or other statewide location as needed.
The Bureau of Regional and Clinical Operations (BRCO) is housed in the Louisiana Department of Health’s (LDH) Office of Public Health (OPH) within the Center for Community and Preventive Health. This bureau provides operational guidance to a statewide Parish Health Unit network throughout the state of Louisiana.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics preferred. Bachelor’s or Master’s in Public Health required
- 2+ years’ experience mining data as a data analyst
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Pull and integrate data from disparate sources (e.g. county health rankings, My Sidewalk, cost and claims or clinical data) and maintain databases/data systems
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports, related to OPH/LDH and BRCO goals of quality assurance and quality improvement.
- Present and explain information, and suggest improvements related to BRCO clinical and population health operations.
- Assist with QI projects that will work continuously to improve training interventions.
- Understand public health and health care operations and systems
- Build models that capture a wide range of public health and health care operations
- Suggest ways to both increase healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Present and explain information in an accessible way (e.g., clinic encounters, labor costs, budgeting reports)
- Present findings and translate data into understandable documents
- Write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas
Equal Opportunity Employer