2017 Health Summit: Advancing Policy for a Healthy Louisiana – March 24, 2017
The 2017 Health Summit: Advancing Policy for a Healthy Louisiana, is scheduled for March 24 at the C.B. Pennington Jr. Building Conference Center in Baton Rouge. The event is co-hosted by the Louisiana Center for Health Equity, the Louisiana Department of Health's Office of Public Health and the Campaign for Healthcare for Everyone. The annual event is from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with registration opening at 8 a.m.
This signature conference is designed to share knowledge among a broad audience as we continue the work toward creating a policy agenda for healthcare, understanding the current Affordable Care Act (ACA) environment, and building collaborative partnerships for improving health in Louisiana. Dynamic speakers include officials from many levels of government, healthcare policy experts, community leaders, and more.
The distinguished speaker lineup this year includes:
- The Honorable John Bel Edwards, Governor of the State of Louisiana
- The Honorable Sharon Weston-Broome, Mayor-President City of Baton Rouge/East Baton Rouge Parish
- The Honorable Patricia Haynes-Smith, Louisiana State Representative, Chair of the Louisiana Statewide Healthcare Delivery System Study Committee (HCR 22 of 2016 Louisiana Legislature)
- Maureen Hensley-Quinn, Senior Program Director and Leader of the Emerging Policy Issues Team- National Academy for State Health Policy, Washington, DC
- Kathleen Nolan, Managing Principal of Health Management Associates, former Director of State Policy and Programs for the National Association of Medicaid Directors, Washington, DC
- DJ Jaffe, Executive Director of Mental Illness Policy Org., Mental Health Advocacy Expert, and Author, "Insane Consequences: How the Mental Health Industry Fails the Mentally Ill" (Prometheus Books, April 2017)
Attendees can expect a day of focused expert panels and discussions on the evolving healthcare landscape, proven policies and models for improving health and healthcare. Everyone will come away with tools and strategies to continue health improvements in their communities.
Lunch and a reception are included in the registration. Pre-registration required. Individual registration is $75 before March 1st. Group registration is available. You can register online at https://2017healthsummit.eventbrite.com